If you've never taken drugs or alcohol don't experiment on a date or in a scene where you cannot readily get help if needed.
- Don't feel obliged to take drugs or alcohol if offered, remember that you make the decisions.
- Don't accept drinks or drugs from people if you are unsure as to what they may contain.
- Do not leave drinks unattended in clubs or bars.
- Never use drugs that may alter your ability to notice when your partner is in difficulty, or their ability to tell you.
- Drugs and alcohol can alter self-awareness and you may not realise that something doesn't feel right.
- Have frequent breaks in longer sessions and allow your partner to cool down.
- Drink plenty of water, and re-hydrate regularly.